Genetic Terms, Monohybrid and Test Crosses
To Menu or Monohybrid Cross
Alleles found at the same locus.on homologous chromosomes,
- Homozygotes (pure breds)
- Heterozgote (hybrid)
- Dominant Allele is expressed in a homozygote and heterozygote
- Recessive Allele is only expressed in a homozygote.
- Phenotype (appearance)
- Genotype (combination of alleles)
- Monohybrid Cross -one characteristic is used
- Dihybrid Cross - two characteristics are used
- Segregation and Independent Assortment of Alleles when the alleles
are on separate chromosomes.
Forward comments to RM Chute